Thursday, February 28, 2008

but sometimes

Television announces
with a zest for crisis
the terror alert level
has gone from "oops"
to "oh, fuck it"
so today is a good day
for watching the skies.

:)

And so goes winter
in the gold rush years,
the tiger getting closer.
Poetry based on faulty premises.
Rubicon river just behind me.
Thought I was running forward,
but I've barely begun to gather.

:)

Sleep almost feels like a memory
after seven nights of insomnia.
I slide the bed into the corner
and pile atop it the collection
of books known as to-be-read
and so
when sleep comes like a flood
(and it will, someday)
I will curl up on the rug
like a man in a lifeboat.

:)

The weather ahead feels invigorating,
the electricity in the air causes
the hair on my arms to stand straight up.

No comments: