Friday, November 2, 2007

and I slept through it all

Last night,

Millions of madmen died for love & were given
nothing but shallow graves. The women of my village burned
a man for obscene thoughts & no one thought anything of it. I
Wore a mask to sleep & only when i woke up did i realize I
had always been wearing a mask. My father rose &
it was deemed a miracle. A new deity was born, while another
one was massacred. The cycle continued & I wrote out the last
line of the longest poem ever written on a window that looked
out to a wall. My neighbor finally perfected his song but knows
that no one will hear it, suicide seems like routine. With my left hand
I lifted the ocean, with my right the desert. I waited & waited, divine miracles
cascaded off of the rooftops, in every apartment a rose. A father
slept in his empty child's bed in hopes of holding onto what little was left.
I wept & it went unnoticed.

1 comment:

George said...

Holy shit, dude.
Awesome.